Based on our philosophy “Customer First”, Toyota Boshoku Automotive India (TBI) Purchasing is oriented to develop and provide innovative, safe and outstanding high quality products and services that meet a wide variety of customers’ demands. To strengthen its position for future business growth, TBI must develop a world class supply base that provides:
- Achievement of best-in-class cost
- Flawless Program Delivery
- Superior Supplier Performance
Successful execution of these items allows TBI and our suppliers to grow together.
- 1. Open and Fair Transactions
- We provide all companies with the opportunity to participate in conducting transactions in an open, equitable, and impartial manner, regardless of nationality. Supplier selection is based on fair comparisons and an overall consideration of reliability, product quality, technical capabilities, costs, assurance of delivery schedules, and numerous other aspects.
- 2. Mutual Development through Mutual Trust
- Our approach is to strive for mutual development with our suppliers through our business transactions. We think it is important to build good, long-term relationships through close communications with our suppliers.
- 3. Promotion of “Green Purchasing”
- So that we may pass along a rich, abundant environment to succeeding generations, TBI intends to make purchasing of environmentally sound products a priority issue as part of an overall stance that requires us to make efforts to procure safe parts and materials. We are taking steps to promote green purchasing to help create a recycling-based society.
- 4. Promotion of Local Purchasing as a Good Corporate Citizen
- Aware of the company’s role as a member of the local community, TBI aims to develop and contribute to society as a good corporate citizen. We shall act as a local enterprise in promoting purchasing from other companies in the immediate area so as to contribute to the local community.
- 5. Compliance and Maintaining Confidentiality
- We shall adhere to all laws and social norms that bear on our purchasing activities.
We shall exercise all due care in handling confidential information obtained through mutual purchasing activities.
At TBI, our policy of inclusion identifies and removes historic barriers to participation, helping to find opportunities for all people while creating an environment that celebrates diversity in our communities, workforce, and supply base.
TBI Supplier Diversity Initiative seeks qualified businesses to partner with, including certified minority and women owned enterprises. This effort is company-wide and encompasses all commercial efforts within the traditional procurement systems, contracted services in facilities and professional services in accordance with our CSR Corporate Diversity Strategy.
Check our Purchasing Policy